If your phone gets too warm or hot, you can do a few things to help cool it down. First, try turning off any unused apps or functions. If that doesn’t help, try removing your phone from direct sunlight or any other heat source.
Of course, you may also immediately bring your phone for an iPhone repair.
You may also try placing your phone somewhere dry and cold. If your phone is still too warm or hot, you can try turning it off for a few minutes. If your phone is still not cooling down, contact your phone’s manufacturer.
The phone may get warm while charging or using high-performance apps, but not to the point where it becomes uncomfortable to hold.
- Make sure all loaded applications and the software on your phone are up to date because upgrades typically offer performance improvements and the ability to reduce the phone’s temperature.
- Never use your phone in direct sunlight or a warm environment for a long time.
- Utilize programs that use a lot of CPU or video resources as little as possible.
- Remove any task management or battery-saving software.
- Delete all recently used applications or reset the phone to make sure background processes aren’t making it warm up.
- Limit the number of live wallpapers or widgets on your home screen.
Use an HTC-branded charger and charging wire. If you use third-party chargers and cables, your phone might overheat when charging because they could not work correctly.
If the phone overheats during charging, disconnect the device, close all running programs, and then wait for it to cool before resuming the charging process.
To find out whether any specific programs are usually running while the phone becomes warm, look at your battery use or usage history. If an app is causing you issues, remove it.
You might need to factory reset your phone if the heat on it still seems unpleasant after making sure everything is in order.
Note: Your phone shouldn’t normally be hot enough to burn you or do you harm in any other way. You may also opt for an iPhone screen repair in Fresno if you notice any issues with the screen.
How Can I Check The Battery Life On My Phone?
- After selecting Settings, click Power, then Battery Manager.
- Tap Battery Usage to get a history of battery usage.
In devices running Android 6 or later, you may examine the primary sources of power loss.
Reduce the frequency with which an app is utilized, the frequency with which it syncs, or, if it consumes a lot of power, restrict its background operations to help extend the phone’s battery life.
Utilize Settings to Reset the Factory Defaults
You can restore your phone’s factory settings as a final resort. Please note the following before continuing:
After a factory reset, all data, files, and media on the phone’s storage will be erased. You wouldn’t be able to retrieve them if you didn’t previously sync or back them up. Before beginning, ensure you have backed up any crucial data and files.
Ensure the phone is at least 35% charged or is hooked into an HTC charger and charging before resetting.
Your Google Account username and password should be remembered. You’ll need them to unlock your phone after a factory reset.
Device Protection may be enabled on Android 5 Lollipop or higher devices. In that case, you’ll need to sign in using the same Google Account you used to access your phone before a factory reset.
If you’ve forgotten your Google Account password, go to www.google.com/accounts/recovery using the web browser on your computer.
Usually, HTC devices may be reset to factory settings by:
- Click Settings, then click Backup & reset.
- Choose factory data to reset or reset the phone.
- You will also need to enter your security information if the device has a security lock.
- Choose OK or Reset.
- Restart and reset will occur.
If your phone gets too warm or hot, you should take a few precautions to prevent damage. First, avoid using your phone in direct sunlight or very hot environments. If your phone does get too warm, turn it off and let it cool down in a cool, dry place. If the phone gets too hot to the touch, stop using it and contact your carrier or manufacturer. You can also look for an iPhone repair in Fresno and Clovis.
ScreenWorks is a reputable phone and computer repair is available in Fresno and Clovis. Everything is covered by us, including gaming PC setups and iPhone repairs! Contact us if you need an iPhone repair!